Laboratory testing is an essential tool for helping to catch various conditions in your pet before they become serious illnesses.
We rely on lab testing to tell us what our pets cannot and find out what is wrong.
Laboratory diagnostics help us evaluate their condition and determine any problems. Our laboratory diagnostics help us to get your pet on the correct treatment as soon as possible.
Laboratory diagnostic testing is usually performed when your pet is:
- Examined after a trauma (such as a car accident)
- Showing symptoms of illness
- Preparing for surgery or dental procedure with anesthesia
- Dramatic changes in weight loss, condition, or behavior
- In the senior stage of life
Puppies, kittens, or any first-time patients may have diagnostic lab work done if we notice any symptoms of illness. We will thoroughly outline the need for such tests and explain the results to you.
Pre-surgical screening tests are recommended to determine if they are at risk of any complications under anesthesia. We consider your pet’s breed, age, sex, and symptoms when recommending laboratory tests.